Orange Carpet Visa Facility London
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in London can facilitate companies whose employees require business visa for the Schengen area. The Orange Carpet Visa Facility (OCVF) aims to simplify the visa application process for regular business travellers (and their immediate family members) to the Netherlands.
On this page:
- Exemption from carrying a confirmed ticket or flight reservation, insurance, hotel reservation or proof of financial means;
- No prior appointment is necessary;
- A long term multiple-entry visa will be issued if the requirements are met;
- The OCVF is applicable for all employees, including their immediate family members(spouse and children under 18);
- Faster processing times.
- Branches of Dutch companies and organisations;
- The parent company of organisations in the Netherlands;
- A foreign company or organisation which has a (future) long-term business relationship with a company in the Netherlands.
How to register:
To join the OCVF, you are requested to register your company with the Visa Department of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in London. You can do so by sending a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Orange Carpet Visa Facility“ in the heading. Once the registration has been approved, you will receive an e-mail with a registration code which must be mentioned in all correspondence accompanying each visa application.
Submitting a visa application with the OCVF:
A walk-in facility is available at VFS ( http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/) in London on week days from Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 12:00 in the morning. VFS is closed every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.
For some nationalities the processing time may take up to 14 days due to Schengen consultation requirements.
Of course you may always make an appointment on the VFS website, if you wish to do so. Especially during low season the waiting period is very short and you can often make an appointment for the following day.
Below you will find an overview of the 3 locations and the processing times:
66 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BT
Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:00
between 3-5 working days *
50 Devonshire Street North, Manchester M12 6JH
Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 11:00
between 4-6 working days *
1 Rennie’s Isle, Edinburgh EH6 6QT
Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 11:00
between 5-7 working days *
*Please note that for some nationalities the processing time may take up to 14 days due to Schengen consultation requirements.
VFS will do their best to ensure you will be helped as quickly as possible. To make sure the process will be as smooth as possible; we would advise you to let VFS reception know when you arrive that you are an Orange Carpet client. You could do so verbally, or by writing the Orange Carpet registration code on an A-4 paper in big letters and showing the reception. For more information about required documents and visa fees, visit the VFS website: http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/orange_carpet.html.
List of required documents:
- a passport with a remaining validity of at least 3 months upon return to the United Kingdom and with at least 2 blank pages to insert the visa sticker;
- a valid UK residence permit;
- a completed Schengen visa application form;
- 1 recent passport-sized colour photograph;
- A letter from the company, signed by a designated signatory (the names of all immediate family members must also be mentioned in the letter);
- Visa handling fee, to be paid by debit/credit card (or cash).
Schengen application form:
The application form can be down loaded from the website: http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Schengen_Application_Form.pdf.
The OCVF does not cover:
- A long stay visa(longer than 90 days) within the Schengen area or The Netherlands for business purposes. For this purpose one has to apply for a “Provisional Residence Permit” (MVV), which will be processed by the Immigration and Naturalisation Services (IND) of the Ministry of Justice in The Netherlands. For more details about the MVV procedures, please visit the website of the Ministry of Justice https://www.ind.nl/.