Applying for a Visa
You can apply for a Schengen visa at VFS or at your nearest Netherlands Consulate.
Please note that appointment systems are being operated. To book an appointment at a Consulate please contact the Consulate directly.
For Schengen visa information, appointments and requirements, please visit the website of the Netherlands Visa Application Centre (VFS).
Schengen visa telephone enquiries: 0871 376 0023 between 08:30 - 17:30 hours Monday-Friday.
In the following cases you can apply at the embassy in London without an appointment on working days between 8:30 - 10:00am (please note that the consular section is closed every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. For additional closure dates please check our website.):
1) When you have a diplomatic passport with an original verbal note mentioning the purpose and duration of your stay in the Netherlands
2) When you are an Orange Carpet member
3) When you want to apply for an MVV (Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf/Authorisation for temporary stay), and your approval from the IND has been received at the embassy
4) When you want to travel to the Dutch Caribbean
5) When you are visiting the UK and you have lost your residence permit for the Netherlands (processing time approximately 7 working days)
Processing time for visa applications is at least 14 days.